Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 110

20 miles in 3 hours 45 minutes

Yahoo! Before I started this adventure I never would of thought I could run 20 miles. It wasn't easy, but I felt better after this run than I have some of the previous shorter runs.

I had 2 bathroom breaks, stops at the aid stations and a brief walk (on my way to the bathroom). I probably would have walked a bit at the end, but my coach found me with about 2 miles to go and ran with me the rest of the way in.

I had one good fall coming down a concrete incline. I fell and rolled. I blooded my knee, scraped up my leg and arm, and bruised both palms and my shoulder. That was exciting!!! I'm not really sure what happened. It was around mile 12. I guess I was just getting worn out and dragged my feet.

The other thing I've had a problem with in the past is getting too warm. I thought I was going to have heat exhaustion. I was burning up and wanting to puke. However, I went into the restroom and doused myself with lots of cold water and that seemed to help for a moment, although I never really got over the nausea. Apparently we are having some uncommonly warm weather at this point.

My coach said that they have these really lightweight hats (Sweat Heads, I think was the name of them) that are suppose to wick sweat away from your head, that in turn keeps you cool. I might have to look into those.

No comments: