Sunday, June 29, 2008

Days 20 & 21

Day 20:
workout: 5 miles

how I felt: So now I know my breaking point, not my breaking down, but breaking into. The first 3 miles were painful. My shin splints, now definitely in both legs, were giving me a lot of trouble, but come the 4th and 5th miles I was doing great. So as long as I can get past the first 3 miles I'm good for awhile! I spent the rest of the day not wanting to walk around at all, the funny thing is that my shins didn't hurt as much as my Achilles tendons did. Hopefully it means that I'm finally running with the correct form and that I'm starting to strengthen the right tendons.

course: I ran with my team up by the State Capital building, up City Creek Canyon. It was beautiful. What a great place. I've never been up there before. We ran this funny U shaped course. From the capital building we ran a mile to the canyon gate, then one mile up the canyon, then back to the gate and then headed the other direction up the hill to the top
(11th or 13th East, I can't remember), then back to the gate and back to the capital.

Day 21: Rest Day

No comments: