Saturday, June 21, 2008

Days 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Day 9: Today was a 30 run with a speed element. It's one where you run easy working into a faster pace and then running race pace for 5 minutes then easy running again to finish. My first mile was a killer, but I was able to pick it up after that.

Day 10: Today was a cross-training day. We went wakeboarding. I didn't board for very long, 10 minutes maybe, but that was enough for my first time out this season, and I paid for it for 2 days after. My back, shoulders, etc. were so very sore.

Day 11: Today was an easy 3 miles. I think easy meant really slow for me. It took 33 minutes. I was sore and my right leg is getting a shin splint. Apparently I need to stretch way more than I do. My lower back is still killing me, this was even before wakeboarding. Chris says I need to strenghten my core. I guess I should start doing some sit-ups. We'll see about it.

Day 12: Today is a rest day. However, I did play softball. I sweated for an hour, does that count as resting? It was really hot at 6:p.m.

Day 13: 2 weeks down!!! Today we started at Gardner's Village and ran 2 miles out along the trail and then back again. Everyone I run with has been running. I'm the only one who started from nothing. I'm waiting for the time when I can run and not feel like it's a huge struggle. Chris asked if this was how it was for me when I ran in high school, but I'm sure it wasn't. I wouldn't of ran if it had been! So my calves are really sore and my lungs are still worn out from a few nights ago. I don't know why I can't remember to double knot my shoelaces. Heading out I had to stop and tie one of my laces, but I caught back up to everyone just fine. We stopped at the aid station 2.5 miles into our run. They encourage us to stop and get a drink and get use to doing it, because we will definitely need to do it in our race. Of course I drank too much. I got a mild side ache soon after we started running again. On the way back I had to stop and tie my other shoelace, but instead of bending my knees I just bent down and tied it and stood back up. I was really light headed so I just trotted on in. It will get better, I just know it!!!

No comments: