Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 16

Workout:
Track - Speed
2 laps warmup
1 x 1200 m (10k pace)
1 minute rest
1 x 400 m (5k pace)
3 minute rest
1 x 1200 m (10k pace)
1 minute rest
1 x 400 m (5k pace)
3 minute rest
2 laps cool down

How I felt:
This was my best workout so far. I loved running on the track. It was night and dark (no lights on the track), but I felt a lot safer (I wasn't going to fall off the side of the road or twist my ankle and tumble to the ground), and the track was so much softer than what I've been running on. I got a great workout. My foot didn't fall asleep. I know I didn't run at the right pace, I'm sure it was faster. I just wanted to be done. My calves felt so much better. They started to cramp up during the cool down so I only ran about 3/4 of the track and walked the rest.

No comments: