Monday, June 9, 2008

Why Team in Training?

I receive emails from active.com all the time. I don't know why, I guess a part of me wishes I was more active. I received one about the Nike Women's Marathon. After I looked into it I thought if I ever wanted to do a marathon this is the one to do. It's at sea level (huge bonus for me) and it's catered towards women (chocolates along the way, a Tiffany necklace for your finishing medal, etc.).

Now, the only way to get into this race is through Team in Training. I went to a couple of meetings and decided this is something I want to do. I'm quite excited to have a team to support me. I don't know that I would be motivated enough to do it on my own. I have a coach that gives me a training schedule tailored to this event. There are clinics to learn more about equipment (yes, you need equipment to run!), sports injury, nutrition, etc. We also have team workouts on Saturdays.

There's nothing like jumping in feet first!

No comments: