Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 6

Today was our first team practice. We met bright and early at Sugar House Park. We did a 3 mile run. I did the whole thing without walking. I know I'll stop writing that, but it surprises me that I can do it on my first week.

Apparently I need to work on my breathing. For years I have been shallow breathing, because the tumor in my thyroid would clog up my throat if I breathed deep for too long. So it's nice to be able to really breathe again, I just need to learn to do it right. Our coach says, that there is really no right or wrong way, when I asked about breathing through your mouth vs. your nose. Just breathe. If you have a side cramp it means that you have stale air in the bottom of your lungs and you should take several deep breaths to blow it out.

I felt pretty good, until I hit PG/Lindon, then my legs cramped. I knew the drive home was going to kill me!!!

DAY 7 - Tomorrow is a rest day - Yippie!!!

No comments: