Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lots & Lots of Days!!!

Yikes! I took an unexpected trip to Hawaii (no I'm not complaining :o) and now I'm way behind, so here it goes...

Day 32
Workout: easy 3 miles. Landon ran this with me so I only went 2 miles, because there were an abnormal amount of people out that night and I was a little too nervous to do anymore by myself.

Day 33
Rest Day!

Day 34
Workout: 8 miles
We started at Hillcrest High (the one just east of Sugarhouse Park). Then we ran through the streets up past the Hogle Zoo and back. It was the farthest I've gone so far and I didn't feel like dying when I was done. Chris laughed at my text, I said that I was home and 8 miles wasn't that bad. Never thought I would ever say that!

Day 35
Rest Day!

Day 36
Workout: easy 4 miles
Yahoo! I ran 4 miles with my sister around Diamond Head on Oahu. It was great!

Day 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
I wasn't planning on not running when I was gone. In fact, I had looked online for runs around Honolulu, but I ended up not running. We ran ourselves ragged everyday, but by no means do I feel like I didn't get a workout those days. I kayaked, hiked, danced, surfed, and walked a good 10 miles everyday so I'm not feeling too bad about not running.

Day 44
Workout: track
3 lap warm up
1200 at 10k pace
1 minute rest
400 at 5k pace
3 minute rest
1200 at 10k pace
1 minute rest
400 at 5k pace
3 minute rest
1200 at 10k pace
1 minute rest
400 at 5k pace
3 minute rest
2 lap cool down

How I felt: This workout was a killer. I know I ran way faster than a 10k or 5k pace. I haven't figured that all out yet, besides you really just want to get it over with as fast as you can. I know my lungs got a good workout. For the cool down we walked the inside of the track on the grass. It was so hot, I needed to walk just to cool my body down.

Day 45
workout: 45 minutes cross training
So we went out on the boat today and spent 6 hours, but I wasn't feeling good at all so I didn't wakeboard or anything. I think I'm just still adjusting to being back home. I guess I needed another break.

No comments: