Monday, July 28, 2008

Days 46, 47, 48, 49

Day 46
Workout: 4 easy miles. This was a holiday and I didn't run, but I knew I was going to make up for it in the next few days.

Day 47
Workout: rest day
This however was not a rest day for me. We were doing a fundraiser and we walked on treadmills all day. I walked 15 miles today.

Day 48
Workout: 8 miles
How I felt: For some dumb reason our team didn't start running until 8:a.m. Even though we were in Park City (Jeremy Ranch) it was still rather warm. I did the first 4 miles really strong, but coming back I died! It was too hot for me to be running. My body was overheating and I couldn't cool it down. I'm use to running in the evening or the early morning. I also recently had my thyroid medicine changed and I'm still getting use to all of it. Regardless I still finished with an average of 12 minute miles, so I guess it's OK.

Here's the kicker... we drove straight from Park City to our fundraiser. I walked another 10 miles on that darn treadmill! Needless to say I can barely walk now. My thighs are so very sore. Going up and down stairs is going to hurt for days. I'm glad tomorrow is a rest day. So in 3 days of working out this week I put in about 37 miles.

Day 49
REST DAY!

Weight: One of the things our team leaders joked about is how everyone thinks you will lose weight and you don't. I could hardly believe this, but up until this week I have not lost one single pound. I can tell that my body is changing and I know that muscle weighs more than fat, but come on, not one pound. Well that has finally changed, but I think it had everything to do with our fundraiser and walking 25 miles in 2 days. I finally lost 3 pounds!

No comments: