Sunday, July 6, 2008

Days 26, 27, 28

Day 26
I ran the Freedom Run 10k (6.2 miles). I ran the first mile under 9 minutes, but other than that I have no idea what the mile times were. My finish time was 1:03:56. Since this was my first one in over 10, possibly 15 years, I thought it was a pretty good time. I walked through the drink stations (there were 3) and for some reason I miscalculated where we would turn towards the finish, so when I realized I had another block or so to go I ended up walking a bit. The end was all uphill.

How I felt: I think that my injuries are getting better. The shoelace thing, fixed my foot falling asleep and my shins still bother me, but I've been doing a lot of the foot tapping exercises and running on grass which really seems to be helping. They are actually getting better.

What I learned: Eat something before you run. We were up at 5:15 a.m. We had to pick up my brother and sister, drop Sam off at the Stadium, Ally off with our neighbors at the parade route, and everyone else at the 5k start (well we made them walk a ways). I have to take my thyroid medicine and then wait an hour to eat anything, so I thought it would be better not to eat so close to my race, but next time I'll have to plan on eating a little bit.

Day 27
For me this was a rest day, because I was so sore everywhere. I could hardly walk. I also went wakeboarding after the race, so that is part of the reason I'm so sore.

Day 28
Another rest day. I feel a lot better today. A nice walk around the neighborhood will be great.

No comments: