Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 55

Day 55
DOUBLE DIGITS - the workout was 12 miles. I can't believe we are to double digits! We ran around Sugarhouse Park and out past the zoo and through the golf course and down the street and back. We started at 6:a.m.

How I felt: I ran the whole darn thing. Yes, we stopped at the aid stations (4 of them), but it was only to get a drink and keep on going. I was shocked that I was able to run all of it, especially after last weeks long run. I'm ok with having to walk portions if I have to. Apparently if I run with someone who has a heart beat monitor than I can maintain a steady pace. I haven't quite figured out the art of pacing myself. So I wouldn't go so far as to say that I felt great, but I was pretty happy that I did it and didn't feel horrible either.

Things I Learned: Break your marathon into 3 parts. The first 10 miles run at a pace that you are comfortable with. After 10 miles adjust your pace. Once you've hit 20 miles all you have left is a 10k, and that's quite do-able! I like this visual, since I ran a 10k race on the 4th of July I know I can do that!

No comments: