Monday, November 3, 2008

The Aftermath

The night of my race I was so sore. After our Victory Party I went back to the hotel and tried to sleep. I say tried, because I was very sore. Every time I moved I woke up. It was one of the worst nights of sleep ever! The next morning, it was really painful to do anything. However, I was in San Francisco and couldn't waste a day. I got up and going. I walked a lot, probably miles and miles. We flew to SLC that night and I drove home.

For the next 2 days I barely left my house. Mostly because going down my front steps was unbearable. Going down steps was the hardest thing for me for about a week.

About a week and half after my run I went swimming. I don't really swim. I did 10 laps (5 down and back) at the gym. It probably only equaled a half a lap on a track! I did half of it on my back. Like I said I don't swim.

The reason I bring this up is because the next day my knee hurt, a lot like it does when I go running. I guess I really should stick to my month off. I really just want my knee to stop hurting. 2 weeks after my race, besides my knee, everything seems to be great. I think some muscles & tendons are still sore since getting up and down sometimes pulls something.

All in all, I'm so glad I had this grand adventure and Yes, I would probably run another marathon, if for the right reason!

No comments: